Making art projects happen in the classroom. Here are 18 awesome art projects for kids that have stunning results. You’ll find ideas to create inspiring art with kindergarten all the way through fifth grade. Plus, you’ll find ways to connect art projects to literature and science standards to bring learning full circle.
1. Super Easy Dandelion Art Project – A quick two-step painting project that students could totally handle on their own as a center activity or with little support.
2. Printed Flowers Collage Art Project – Here is a printed flowers art project for first grade. Students will combine what they learn about famous artists like O’Keefe and Warhol to create a collage of flowers in a field.
3. Cloud Art for Kids – A Georgia O’Keefe inspired painting of clouds with blues, pinks and purples along with 21 other fantastic clouds for kids resources.
4. Black Glue Landscapes Art Project – Create a black glue-outlined landscape art project for third grade, fourth grade and fifth grade students. This project uses paint and black glue to create a very smart looking finished product.
5. Kandinsky Inspired Project – A Kandinsky-inspired art project that is perfect for first graders. Students will use paint, construction paper and string to create a masterpiece that will catch everyone’s eye.
6. Fun Cityscape Collages Art for Young Kiddos – Here is a layer by layer tutorial on making cityscape collages using paint, Sharpie markers and newspaper.
7. Recycled Paper Daisies & Dragonfly Art Project – Get creative and resourceful with this recycling art project. Here is a tutorial for a simple recycled paper art project to make with second or third grade.
8. Colorful Ceramic Clay Coral Reefs Art Project – Here is how to make clay coral reefs with your class that are very colorful.
9. Stunning Planets Space Art: Shading Techniques – Students pick a planet to illustrate and use chalk to create the colors and shading. With a stunning a bold piece of art like this, what’s not to love?
10. Japanese Cherry Blossom Art – Connect art and literature with this spring Japanese art project.
12. Gorgeous Ceiling Chalk Art Butterflies – Capture art with gorgeous sidewalk art inspired drawings. Here is a chalk art tutorial on how to create beautiful masterpieces for your school.
13. How to Draw Graffiti Art Project – Here is a how to draw graffiti lesson plan that is perfect for open house night, connecting with literature or for learning concepts of art.
14. Beautifully Easy Spring Monet Art Project – Create a gorgeous water scene art project inspired by Monet in your classroom.
15. How to Make Stunning Symmetry Name Art – Here is the step by step tutorial on how to make symmetry name art with your class.
16. Sea Creatures Paint Project – A fantastic art project tutorial to create sea creatures with third graders.
17. Watercolor Flower Art Project – Here is a beautiful flower art project for kids using watercolors and oil pastels using simple shapes.
18. Phases of the Moon Oil Painting – An oil painting project using crayons, oil paint crayons and water that connects science with art.
What a creative set of projects for all grades! I hope you found these inspiring ideas helpful.
Thanks to all of the talented teachers featured in this collection – your art projects are fantastic an inspiring! Feel free to grab the “I’m a Featured Teach Junkie” blog button as your creations are definitely worth the shout out.