The 4th of July is a great time to teach being patriotic to students. Here are 8 free downloads and project ideas to help teach patriotism. These are fast and easy to implement into a classroom lesson, a summer school activity or to do at home with your own kids. If you’re looking for more patriotic materials, then be sure to also see Free Memorial Day Coloring Page and Thank You Notes.
America the Beautiful Printables
2. Find a Buddy Who – As we move into an election year, it can be a great time to introduce concepts surrounding how our Nation selects the President. This activity engages students to move around the room.
3. 4th of July Coloring Printable – Get out the crayons to complete this coloring page for the 4th of July. Bolg bold letters makes this easy for any age.
Fun Patriotic Ideas
4. Star Spangled Slime – Slime is the perfect way to bring the fun into learning about patriotism. Add some inexpensive red white and blue glitter confetti to make it sparkle.
5. Pledge of Allegiance Poster – Teach the Pledge of Allegiance and what it means by breaking it down into pieces. This free poster download can be printed to any size.
6. Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks – Create stunning starburst-shaped fireworks to add create an art project or to add to a writing piece. Use a toilet paper roll cut with red and blue paint.
8. 4th of July Treat Bag Toppers – Treat your students to a treat with these free printable treat bag toppers. Simply staple onto a snack ziploc baggie and you’re set to go.
There you have 8 fast printables and project ideas ready to go for patriotic holidays like the Fourth of July! Bring on the red, white and blue and fireworks – you’re ready!
Thanks to all of the talented teachers featured in this collection – your patriotic lesson ideas will be so helpful to many fellow teachers! Feel free to grab the “I’m a Featured Teach Junkie” blog button as your creations are definitely worth the shout out.