Teaching beginning readers how to decode CVC words successfully plays an important role in developing reading fluency.
Here is a free printable CVC word sort with a surfing theme that will allow students to self-correct with the use of scanning a QR code.
Real and Silly Word Sort
Real/Silly Word Sort Directions
- Pick a card and read it. Put in either Real or Nonsense Pile.
- Once finished, scan each QR code to check your words.
- Write down the real words read on the recording sheet.
Kindergarten Common Core Standards
- L.K.2 c & d
More QR Codes
- 16 Fun QR Code Learning Activities for Free
- QR Code Audio Stories for the Whole Year!
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range QR Code Activity
Danielle Collins - Camp Wanna Learn a Lot
I have been teaching elementary special education for 5 years. I love every minute I spend with my Kindergarten to 2nd graders. I have small groups of reading, writing, and math every day. The progress I get to see my kiddos make is simply amazing. I started creating my own resources much more seriously just this winter and am totally addicted. Hope you all find something you can use. Check out my blog for lots of freebies!