Solving multi-step word problems is a requirement with Common Core Math standards. Here is a acronym to help students remember the strategies involved in solving such rigorous problems. With “S.W.E.E.P” the students can better perform on constructive response questions on their state-mandated tests. Here’s how you can teach kids to show their thinking!
Check out this featured idea from the original teacher using the link below!
How to “Explain Your Thinking” Poster
Students learn various strategies for showing their thinking, how they arrived at a solution and explain their work. Using the SWEEP acronym you can help students remember that there are multiple ways to show their work or explain their thinking. Teachers are so clever and this is a great example! This free poster can be a nice reminder once you’ve taught the strategies.
| Submit Your Tip |
More Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Strategy: Draw a Picture
- Problem Solving Printables for “Math Curse”
- Math Problems Made Real: Kids Lemonade Stand
More Classroom Posters
- 27 Classroom Poster Sets: Free and Fantastic
- Solving Word Problems – Strategy Posters for Kids
- Think Before You Speak Printable Posters
Like what you've found?
Get creative and free teacher articles - delivered to your inbox weekly.
p.s. A bonus pack of 11 printable classroom posters are headed your way!