These flowers and plants crafts, poetry piece and science ideas makes teaching the life cycle of a plant more fun and engaging.
Students will enjoy these as introductory or review activities. You’ll love that they are easy to integrate into your classroom.
Quick Plant Parts Activities
1. Simple 3D Parts of a Plant Craft – Pull together a simple but meaningful craft as students create a 3D flower using items you probably already have around the classroom. Label the parts of the flower to review plant parts.
2. Eating the Parts of a Plant – Get food involved and you’re sure to hook them. Here is a simple printable mat to help students categorize the parts of plant with different real food plant parts.
Then everyone gets to eat them of course!
Ingeniously Easy Parts of a Plant Activities
3. Coolest Parts of a Plant DIY Viewer – Create an easy viewer that allows your students to label, measure and easily take care of their growing plants during observation.
This takes observation to a whole new level and only takes a handful of CD cases.
4. Cinquain Plant Poetry – Connect the world of science and writing by writing poems about plants. Have students use adjectives and plant vocabulary to write a cinquain poem accompanied by a beautiful hand drawn plant.
No templates needed for this one!
So there you have it! 4 easy and relatively quick activities that you can plug into your science (or writing) lesson plans. Thanks to these awesome teachers for sharing their best ideas with us – you ladies are great! Feel free to grab my “I’m a Featured Teach Junkie” blog button. You earned it!
| Submit Your Tip |
More Life Science
- 22 Apple-licious Classroom Activities and Freebies
- Earthworms In a Day – Fun Life Science
- Pond Water Observations and Investigation
- 8 Hibernation and Migration Ready to Go Resources
- 25 Easy Frog and Toad Ideas and Activities